Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We're Pregnant?!?

We were on our 2nd cycle TTC (trying to conceive) when we got our BFP. Being the engineer that I am, I decided to take a structured approach to maximize our chances. Without going into the gory details, I picked up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and signed up for a Fertility Friend account.


Throw the lucky OPKs (ovulation predictor kits) and HPTs my good friend Tara sent me into the mix and here we are!

Positive OPK on CD20

Positive HPT on Feb 15, 2010 | CD30 | 10DPO

Positive HPT on Feb 16, 2010 | CD31 | 11DPO

Positive HPT on Feb 17, 2010 | CD32 | 12DPO

Here's a recap of how we found out we're pregnant:

Monday, 15 Feb: At 10DPO, I POAS very late at night and got a VERY faint BFP! I wasn't expecting to see a BFP and had to convince myself that what I saw was indeed a 2nd line! A line is a line no matter how faint it is.

Tuesday, 16 Feb: I POAS using FMU (first morning urine) and got another VERY faint BFP, but it was a little darker than the previous night. OMG! This would be the first day I went back to work, after being out sick the entire previous week with a nasty cold. On my way to work, I was rear-ended at a complete stop in traffic on the freeway. The driver who hit me fled the scene. I didn't feel any pain at the time so I didn't go the ER or anything. My baby bro lives right up the hill from where I got hit so he came down to be with me while I waited for the police to show up. I filed a police report, went on to work and got my car repaired that afternoon (my baby bro works at a VW dealership and got me a good deal on the repairs--no structural damage). As I waited for my car, I started feeling pain in my left hip and leg. My brother drove me to my doctor's office. I mentioned the two possible BFPs to my doctor and he ordered a pregnancy blood test for me that same afternoon and also scheduled me for physical therapy. He suspects I have a pinched nerve.

Wednesday, 17 Feb: I called my doctor's office as soon as they opened and got BFP confirmation! OMG!!! I also called my OB/GYN because a copy of my results were sent to them and also just to let them know I had been in a car accident the day before. They told me to come in the following morning!

Thursday, 18 Feb: I went in to see my OB/GYN and she told me my EDD is 10/24/10 based on the first day of my LMP. She also wants me to come back in the following week for an ultrasound. I know it sounds a bit early...I'll be just shy of 6 weeks, but she just wants to make sure everything is okay in there. :) I'm not really sure what we'll be able to see, though, especially because I know I ovulated on CD20 or 21...not the "average" CD14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

track web traffic
Free Web Counters