Monday, May 31, 2010

Week 18 Check-In & Bump Pics

OMG, I'm really terrible at this, aren't I? I completely missed Week 17 and today is 18 weeks 4 days (18w4d). sigh.... Here are some bump pics.





It's kind of funny because I don't think I look that much bigger than Week 16. Maybe it's because I've started wearing the Target BeBand since then, which kind of helps to smooth things out and hold things in? Eh, on to the Check-In!
How far along?: 18 weeks 4 days

Total weight gain/loss: As of my last OB/GYN check-up last Monday, my total weight gain was 6 pounds. I feel really bad for even saying this, but I'm still trying to keep my feelings about weight gain in check. Some of us spend the majority of our lives trying to achieve a healthy weight. I spent 6 months last year losing 15 pounds and I really wanted to lose at least another 10 pounds before becoming pregnant. I still have moments of panic when I step on the scale and see the numbers go up. Perhaps I'm feeling this way because I know I'm not eating as healthy as I should be, which would at least tell me that my weight gain is "good" weight gain. I know weight gain is necessary and a good sign of a healthy baby, but too much weight gain is also not a good thing. Aah, it's just something I'll need to continue working on.

Pregnancy symptoms: My nasal congestion really improved last week, but I think it's back this week. My lower back/nerve pain has been a little bothersome lately. I still can't tell if this is due to the preganancy or due to the car accident I was in back in February.

Maternity clothes: A co-worker gave me to BIG shopping bags full of her old maternity clothes. I need to wash everything and go through it all to see what I can use. I'm sure I'll keep most of it, either to wear to work or to bum around the house in. My pre-pregnancy jeans are beginning to feel a tiny bit snug in the thighs. I may need to buy some bigger jeans soon!

Stretch Marks: None that are due to pregnancy weight gain.

Sleep: Sleeping has been okay lately, although I honestly never quite feel well-rested. That was from the previous check-in...it's still applicable this week.

Best moment this week: Last week, the best moment was finding out we are having a little baby BOY! This week, I think I'm most excited about (possibly) feeling the baby move, as well as purchasing a crib and mattress (more to come in a separate post)!

Movement: The faint twitches and spasms I felt the other week really died down last week. However, as I type this, I've felt a couple of distinct twitches front and center, below my belly button, which I'm pretty sure aren't gas bubbles. Maybe it's the baby????? I haven't decided if it's official yet. :P I've also continued to have increased lower abdominal pressure and I'm pretty sure it's not due to a full bladder.

Food cravings: Nothing in particular. I've still got a sweet tooth, though, which I'm trying to keep in check! That was also from the last check-in...I still want to eat ice cream all the time! I don't know if that qualifies as a craving...maybe it's just lack of will-power.

Food aversions: From last week: Most of my food aversions are gone. There are still some foods that I just don't feel like eating. Before I got pregnant, I used to make a yummy veggie soup that I loved. These days, I can't stand the thought of it. Some oily/fried foods still turn me off, which is a good thing. Still applies this week. I also find I can't stand brown gravy or turkey cold cuts/turkey breast.

Gender: We'll find out if Baby T is a boy or girl on May 24th! Majority of people are thinking Boy! Of course, we just want a healthy baby, but trying to guess the gender is fun, too. According to the Chinese gender chart, it's a boy (I was 29 years old at the time of conception, which occurred during the month of February). From my last check-in...we were right on the money!!!

Labor signs: N/A

Belly button in or out: Still very much in. :P

What I miss: Strangely enough, I've been missing fish. I wasn't a big pre-pregnancy fish-lover, but I guess that now I know I can't have it, I want it!

What I am looking forward to: I'm looking forward to receiving our new crib in about 4-6 weeks. Also looking forward to officially feeling the baby move. :P

Milestones: Can't think of anything at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

track web traffic
Free Web Counters